Duet and stitch are two TikTok features that are often used because they are effective for increasing account followers. How to duet on TikTok is also easy, so don’t be surprised if you often find duet or stitch videos on FYP.
Duet or stitch are two features that are actually the same because they are both used to combine two videos like a duet. Just so you don’t get confused, here’s how to make a duet video on TikTok so you can enter FYP.
How to Duet on TikTok Without an App
Before you start making duet videos on TikTok, of course you need to have a TikTok account first. Creating a TikTok account is very easy, you can log in via Facebook, Gmail, or others.
Here’s how to make a duet video on TikTok that can be done directly from the TikTok application and without the need for additional applications.
1. Use the Duet Feature
The duet feature is one of the features provided by TikTok, so it’s already in the app and you can use it right away. There are 3 types of layout options in this feature that you can use, namely Top & Bottom, Left & Right, Reaction, and Green Screen layouts.
You use this one feature directly in the TikTok application. Here’s how to duet on TikTok with the duet feature:
- Open the TikTok application that is already installed on your cellphone.
- Look for interesting videos, so that your videos are more likely to enter FYP.
- Click the Share button or the arrow icon at the bottom right of the TikTok video.
- Select the Duet option, then wait until you get to the video creation page.
- Start recording your video by pressing the red button.
- You can do editing in the preview window before uploading it.
- Press the red Next button at the bottom right.
- Add captions, hashtags and more.
- Finally, hit the Post button to upload it.
Now you have successfully posted the duet video on TikTok that you have created. Very easy isn’t it?
2. Use the Stitch Feature
If you don’t want to combine videos using the duet feature, you can also use the stitch feature. The difference with the duet feature, this stitch feature does not provide a layout like the duet feature layout, and the video results are also different.
If you use the stitch feature, your video will be displayed behind the original video, so it looks like a continuation of the original video. Here’s how to duet on TikTok with the stitch feature:
- Open the video you want and press the Share button.
- Select the Stitch option and you will be taken to the editing page.
- Select the part of the original video that you want to duet.
- Press the Next button in the top right corner.
- Record your video by tapping the red record button.
- Add effects if needed to your video on the preview page.
- Press Next then select Select Cover to select a video cover.
- If you have, Save then press Post.
If the two methods above cannot be done because when you tap the Share button on the original video there is no Stitch or Duet option, then it is possible that the video owner does not allow the video to be duet with other people.
The solution, you can download the video first and then edit it in the video editing application manually.
Some of the duet methods on TikTok described above only work if the original video has been given duet or stitch access by the owner. For that, make sure to check it first before intending to make a duet video.